Friday, September 10, 2010

Cricut Magic

 There is magic happening in my little studio. Magic of the crafty kind.
Hello friends! Today I find myself enjoying a cool, rainy day inside my beloved craft studio (pictures to come soon). Never mind the glittered glue globs and itty bitty paper bits...mess from my little monsters, of course. I am happily crafting away. My new love is my Cricut Expression. What fun! I love how simply it adds the cutest twist to my little projects. Today I have been playing with my Pumpkin Carving cartridge and my new Martha Stewart clear Halloween stamps. Eek! FUN!
I crafted these adorable little toppers for my husband's birthday cake recently. The little ones baked and decorated a chocolate cake for Daddy and I provided the toppers inspired, of course, by our own little monsters. ;) (I love that Mini Monsters cartridge!) I know he had a great day and loved the little touches to his birthday dinner.

My husband and I often discuss our policy on creating meaningful time with our family. K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple, Stupid) hee ;) I used to spend so much time worrying over this and that aspect of an upcoming event whether it be an ordinary dinner or a big birthday celebration. There is no need to make life even more complicated, right? There really couldn't have been a more simple cake or dinner (Chicken sandwiches anyone?), but we served it up with so much love that my husband said it was his best birthday ever!

Now off to plot more Magical Halloween crafting adventures!



2 comments:

  1. You rock! Love the card, love the toppers, love the jar, love the attitude! Oh, and I love the sparkles, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything. The toppers are so cute & the jar is so pretty. I agree that serving things up w/ love is more important than stressing over every little thing. Love the way you add sparkles to your pictures!

    ReplyDelete