Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Halloween Countdown

Hello! We've been working on a few Halloween crafts here and I wanted to share. First up, some Pumpkin Ice Cream soap we made! I got the idea from Poppy Paperie and I thought it would be fun to make some Halloween ice cream soap! I got the mold and most of the supplies from Bramble Berry. I've made soap before, but this was the first time using a mold like this so it was a fun experiment!

I decided to try to use some Drink Sparkles from Wilton that I picked up from Michael's. I mixed up the melted Shea Melt-and-Pour white base form Bramble Berry and some gel food coloring. I'd like to try the Bramble Berry micas and colorings, but I only ordered a few things for my first try. I poured one layer at a time, waited and then added another layer using a mist of alcohol between layers.

I'd say they turned out pretty cute for a first try! Next time I will for sure use the colors form Bramble Berry. It's hard to see, but there is a slight sheen of sparkle from the Drink Sparkles.

All packaged up!!! I used terrifically tacky tape to adhere the soap to a cardstock base and slid it in an acrylic box. Tied it up with ribbon and a tag stamped from Taylored Expressions' Spooky Tree (I don't see it on the site right now) and Papertrey's Just for You set.

A quick and SIMPLE card using the Halloween Noteblock from Purple Onion Designs and the Spooky Tree from Taylored Expressions. Added a little bling, too! I love how simple this card is and it's going right out to one of my crafty friends!

Next I want to show you a sneak peek at a little craft project my husband is working on! I came home one night and found him using my Cricut to make stencils for a homemade graveyard! Here's a quick peek. I'll try to get better, spookier pics when he sets up the lights!!!



Thanks for stopping in! 


1 comment: